Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Have a Job!

This past weekend I had a stage at Tartine Bakery and was offered a job!!! I am so excited as this is one of the best bakeries in the Bay Area! The owners, couple Elizabeth Prueitt and Chad Robertson, were recently nominated for James Beard Best Pastry Chef, and are very talented. I have to admit that Tartine makes the best Croque Monsieur I have every tried, the chocolate-coconut tart is amazing too!

I start full time in a week and a half doing the early morning shift--in by 4:30am!!! Check out their website for more details!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! And Congratulations, Alison! They will probably just want you to put your wonderful comments and pix on the web and they can sit back and watch their business explode!
Fleur and i send our love and big hugs!!

Uncle Jay

Charity Governance Blog Facilitator said...

Fantasic!! By now perhaps you have experienced your first day of work! I hope you will keep blogging. You have LOTS of fans who are fascinated. GOOD LUCK -- we love you!!! Jenny

Anonymous said...

Alison. I couldn't be any more proud of you and your culinary accomplishments. Of course, they pail in comparison to your total life accomplishments thus far. I'm sure your latest (new job etc.) will carry you far. I love you.

DAD

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while doing a google search for information regarding stages at Tartine bakery. I am an aspiring baker interested in conducting a stage at Tartine and was wondering if you might have any tips regarding how you went about obtaining this opportunity--there is nothing on Tartine's website regarding stages. Feel free to contact me at zehnder.matthew@gmail.com. Regards and thanks.