Monday, May 28, 2007

Chocolate Chickens?



Yes, chickens made entirely of chocolate! This week our assignment was to make a chocolate show piece made entirely from chocolate, both cast chocolate pieces and modeling chocolate, which is chocolate with corn syrup added, which makes it pliable like play-dough. The chocolate modeling pieces are the feet, beaks, combs and flowers. The wings are piped chocolate and all of the other pieces are cast--the bodies are hollow spheres.

I had a great time making this piece and was very pleased with the results--being the first time and all! I liked how I was able to use my design background and creativity in making the piece. I had seen some ideas in books, but created the final design of each element and the overall composition on my own.


This is a collage of projects done by other students in the class. I loved how much creativity came out through these pieces. Starting in the top left corner, going clockwise, the pieces are: dragon, character from Nightmare before Christmas, giraffe, geisha, clown, chef, hobo and a bunny.
There are three more weeks to go and much more creativity to come as we will be working on projects with marzipan and sugar in the up coming weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be having a ball. Your chickens are so cute and original. All of the class peices look great.

Mom